The Wild Colonial Boy
- There was a wild colonial boy, Jack Duggan was his name,
He was born and raised in Ireland in a town called Castlemain.
He was his father's only son, his mother's pride and joy.
And dearly did his parents love their wild colonial boy
- At the early age of sixteen years he left his native home,
And to Australia's sunny shore he was inclined to roam.
He robbed the rich, he held the poor, he shot James ~McEvoy.
A terror to Australia was the wild colonial boy
- One morning on the prairie as Jack he rode along,
A listening to the mocking bird singing a cheerful song.
Out stepped a band of troopers, Kelly, Davies and Fitzroy
They all set out to capture him the wild colonial boy
- Surrender now Jack Duggan for you see we're three to one,
Surrender now in the Queen's high name for you are a plundering son.
Jack drew two pistols from his belt and proudly held them high.
I'll fight but not surrender said the wild colonial boy
- He fired a shot at Kelly which brought him to the ground.
And turning round to Davies he received a mortal wound.
A bullet pierced his proud young heart from the pistol of Fitzroy.
And that was how they captured him, the wild colonial boy